T•A•P® Pest Control Insulation Presentations
The beauty of this innovative and comfort-providing insulation and pesticide product is that it can be applied in multiple presentations:
Live in a more energy efficient home, live in comfort, and live pest free with TAP® Pest Control Insulation.
Attic Capping with T·A·P® Pest Control Insulation
TAP Pest Control Insulation is a “loose-fill,” cellulose insulation, so it is installed by being blown into attics on top of existing insulation. It can also be installed in attics and walls of new homes with specialized machines. Below is a snapshot of the installation process in five easy steps:
Step 1: The Attic Inspection & Professional Graph
Prior to the installation appointment, an attic inspection is completed. During the inspection, a professional graph is filled out and heat-producing sources, attic access(es), power/fuse boxes, knee walls, and chimneys/flues are marked. Following the inspection, the customer is presented with an estimated cost based on the professional graph.
Step 2: The Set-Up
All equipment is truck mounted, so only a 3″ hose enters the home. There are no blowing machines on the driveway or lawn. All supplies and insulation are loaded into the truck prior to arrival. The key to a successful attic cap job is arriving prepared.
Step 3: Protection & Preparation
To protect the walls and furniture and to keep dust to a minimum, plastic is places on the floor, walls, and around the attic access. Attic prep work includes blocking and creating barriers around recessed lights, other heat sources, and eave vents. Attic rulers are placed to show how much TAP® Insulation was installed. If future attic construction projects or alterations are done, any disturbed insulation can be returned to its original level.
Step 4: Installation
A trained, professional staff usually takes only a couple of hours to complete a TAP® installation project. It is not necessary for the homeowner to leave during the work. Experienced TAP® providers ensure that TAP® is installed according to the project quote and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
Step 5: Quality Control
After verifying that the correct R-value has been installed and ventilation is unobstructed, a TAP® warranty card is completed and tacked in the attic. Before leaving the premises, the insulation and attic space is inspected and the job site is cleared of any insulation materials and supplies.
Attic Restoration with T·A·P® Pest Control Insulation
Below are a few examples of problems that can occur with attic insulation over time and simple reasons for removal:
- According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), humans can become infected with diseases from rodents when they are exposed to fresh urine, droppings, saliva, or nesting materials. When the droppings are moved around, spores can become airborne and enter the human body through inhalation, eyes, and ears. Airflow could also potentially create this same effect.
- Disturbed or damaged insulation costs homeowners money in energy bills and invites moisture damage.
- Uneven insulation and leaky duct work make your HVAC system work harder and robs homeowners of comfort and money.
- Animal presence in the attic means urine and feces and even animal carcasses giving off odors. Homeowners may be living with a litter box right above their heads!
- The animals and their residue attract insects, mold, bacteria and other microorganisms which feed and breed on organic wastes.
- According to the USDA, since free-roaming wildlife does not receive veterinary care, all species can carry diseases and parasites.
- The USDA cites fleas, ticks, lice, and mites as contributing to tuberculosis, histoplasmosis, and encephalitis. Children and pets are particularly at risk.
This is why TAP Pest Control Insulation is the wise choice for your customers, their homes, and their families. It is also the wise addition to your current service offering!
Still Need More Insight?
Click here to discover 10 Reasons to add Insulation Removal and Replacement Services to your current program.
Looking for insulation removal supplies and equipment?
Check out our complete line of:
No matter the size of the attic restoration job, we have got you covered.